Diesel 10 is an evil diesel engine with an excavator claw arm named "Pinchy". But, he is "Mean".
Diesel 10 is the master of mischief on Sodor. He likes trying to outwit the steamies, often causing confusion and delay. When Diesel 10 is around...there will be trouble. Diesel 10 has a claw attached to his roof that he uses to lift scrap metal and debris. Diesel 100 is a diesel railcar who's Diesel 10's mother and she ordered two diesels, Jacob and Tony. Diesel 100 is in the same class as Daisy the Diesel Railcar.
Diesel 10 is an evil-minded, dasterdly Western Region B-B Warship diesel with an additional giant retractable claw atop his cab which he calls Pinchy, and often uses it to threathen the engines and scare them. He has only one thing on his mind - to eliminate steam engines on Sodor. Diesel 10 is known for being wicked and for hating Lady, as she powers all steam life. He also wants the Magic Railroad destroyed and dislikes Mr Conductor and Junior. He attempted to destroyed the engines and Lady, only to meet his demise and fell off a viaduct. He was later brought back after reforming a bit to work at the Smelters. Thomas overcame his fear of him and got Diesel 10 to help clear the track after a pile-up. Diesel 10's only weakness is sugar, in which if poured into his engine, he'd break down.
Diesel 10 is an evil, conniving, bullying, and psychotic monster. He absolutely despises steam engines. He is Sodor's strongest but not quite largest diesel, his power being enforced by his slightly malfunctioning claw, Pinchy. He can use this deftly, and is even able to use it to make a sculpture. All engines, steam and diesel alike, fear and respect him.
Despite his aggressiveness, he will help on occasion ever since the Fat Controller brought him back, but only when it suits his personal interest. He can have a caring side, but he very rarely shows it.
Diesel 10 is based on a BR Class 42 "Warship" with an added - non-regulation - hydraulic claw.
- Keith Scott (Thomas and the Magic Railroad; original workprints only)
- Neil Crone (Thomas and the Magic Railroad)
- Matt Wilkinson (UK/US; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Rupert Degas (Misty Island Rescue; original cut only)
- According to a website called "The Real Lives of Thomas the Tank Engine", Diesel 10's hydraulic claw, Pinchy, is an illegal modification. Among other reasons, it makes him too tall for the British loading gauge.
- In an original version of the Thomas and the Magic Railroad script, Pinchy was going to be concealed beneath Diesel 10's roof.